Bárbara Godoy M.A., Adv. Dip. Exi. Psy. Existential Psychotherapist Group Leader, Counsellour, Lecturer and Supervisor, MBACP & UKCP accredited, SEA Professional Member, Director of Therapy Harley Street
Bárbara’s academic contributions in London since 2008 includes lecturing and researching on the theory and practice of Phenomenological Existential Therapy on Doctorate, MA and professional courses at the School of Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology, Regent’s University and the New School of Psychotherapy and Counselling directed by Emmy van Deurzen.
Bárbara has facilitated and designed therapeutic Group Work since 1997. She brought her earliest workshop: “Experiences” to large groups in The Netherlands, Italy, France, UK and Argentina. These awareness-intensive processes are a legacy of the human potential movement (HPM) of 1960’s, with techniques such as AUM Meditation Marathons, Psychodrama, Bioenergetics and Primal Feelings work.
The question about the meaning of Being-Woman and the importance of a feminine language was the topic of her postgraduate thesis completed in 2005 and evolved into two main Women Groups: Nine muses and Four Seasons which she leads in addition to her individual private practice.
Currently, as the clinical director of Therapy Harley Street, Bárbara leads a team of over 30 professional practitioners in the area of Psychological services and Wellbeing consultancy.
Bárbara is also founder-director of the Continuing Professional Development Programme at Therapy Harley Street and in recent years has collaborated with prominent professors and writers in the field of existential therapy.
- Accredited by UKCP – United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
- Member of BACP – British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Professional Member of SEA – Society for Existential Analysis
Code of Ethics
I follow the code of ethics and practice as set by the UKCP. In regular clinical supervision on an individual basis with Prof. Ernesto Spinelli.
Former Committee Member of the SEA – Society for Existential Analysis (as Discussion Group Coordinator)
Professional Psychological Education
- Advanced Diploma in Existential Psychotherapy (5th year postgraduate) SPCP– School of Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology, Regent’s University, London.
- Master of Arts in Psychotherapy and Counselling (integrative approach) SPCP– School of Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology, Regent’s University, London.
- Psychoanalytic Studies (360 hours postgraduate). Centro Fundación Psicoanalítico Argentino, Buenos Aires.
Group Therapy Education
- Four years Group Therapist Training – Therapeutic Community setting Humaniversity, The Netherlands.
- Three years Therapist Training – Commune setting Osho Multiversity, Pune, India.
- Contact Improvisation Training (with creator Nancy Stark Smith) – Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts, USA.
- Dance Research Scholarship at the Movement Research Studios, Manhattan, USA.
- Dance-Theatre Integration – University of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Dance: Ballet and Contemporary – Escuela Nacional de Danzas, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Corporeal Expression and Sensorial Perception – Patricia Stokoe studios, Buenos Aires, Argentina.